Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Skirts

I think the running skirt I bought was made for either A) people who don't actually run in them or B) people with no thighs.
I had a feeling this one wasn't going to work out too well for me. The skirt part is fine - it's the shorts underneath that are not. They are too loose and at a weird length...and given the fact that I do, in fact, have thighs - this created a fashion disaster. My hand was basically up my skirt the whole 4 miles trying to stop the skirt from riding up. And the more I sweat - the harder it was to pull them down.
So now I know this will just not work.
My new sneakers, on the other hand, are awesome! I didn't get the same pair I had been running in but I got ones that are very similar just a little lighter. I'm getting the back of the left ankle bleed but that will go away once they're broken in a bit. I remember my last pair having bloody socks for about 2 weeks straight.
About 16.5 weeks to go. I'm feeling quite nervous. I'm sticking to my schedule...I'm eating well. I'm not in self-sabotage mode. But this is a huge thing to attempt to tackle - and I have a major fear of failure.
I've been slacking off with writing, I know. Don't worry - as the training gets harder - and November 7th gets closer - you'll be hearing a whole lot of potty mouth from me. I promise.

4 comments:

  1. You'll do great. And we're going to have a fantastic time!

    What kind of shoes did you buy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got Asics...I had Saucony. I got them at the Running Company - I brought my Sauconys in for them to check the treads. They didn't have to be replaced immediately but I decided to get new ones now so gradually break them in. I wanted to try the Nike Free - I hated them! So the guy suggested these Asics. They are super comfy and so light you forget you have shoes on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ankle bleed?? Yikes. "Body Glide" or "Chamois Butt'r" on the ankle AND on the inside of the shoe will help. I use a lube on almost all of my runs to avoid those ankle, back of the heel friction spots.
    Running skirt issues? I got nothing for ya...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never thought to use it on the back of my ankles! Great idea!
    Are you trying to say that you don't wear running skirts? Hmmm....I don't know about you :)

    ReplyDelete