Saturday, June 12, 2010

Women's 10k!

Awesome day!
Got to meet a few Team McGraw teammates! Nice to finally meet in person.
Didn't really have too many jitters - went to bed repeating to myself that I CAN do it and I WILL do it.
An amazing experience to run with over 8,000 women! The weather was great and the vibes were all good.
I took very few walk breaks - ran the first 2 miles straight except to slow down for a few sips of water. I was a little worried since my leg started a minor throb walking to the race from the car. But it held strong - not pain free but minor...until Mile 5. That's when the discomfort really kicked in. I changed my stride and it helped for a bit and then I just gritted my teeth, turned up the music and went the rest of the way. Iced it as soon as I got home...then took a hot shower and it really loosened up.
So fun!
I needed a race like that. And I will most definitely be doing it again next year.
I am woman - hear me roar!

3 comments:

  1. You were awesome!

    It was great meeting you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, Kim! I love that you not only had a great race and fought through a piece of it - (with judgment intact) - but also shared it with some of your Team McGraw mates; attagirl!

    ReplyDelete