Sunday, September 9, 2012

Longest week

Last week was back to school week which means life got crazy again. This week is always rough in terms of training-it just loses its top priority spot for the week. I did the best I could but I wasn't able to hit everything on my training calendar.

Saturday night I headed to Point Pleasant to celebrate Michelle's birthday. I really needed this outing-some beers, salt air, good people, lots of laughs, mental health time, late night tears, and a middle of the night beach walk. Somehow my tired, old ass stayed up until 4:30am. Ummmm-that's a problem because early Sunday morning was a scheduled long run. I fell asleep in two seconds and then the alarm went off.

Got myself home by 8am and took to the streets around 8:30am. 11.5 miles completed very, very slowly. I don't know how I even managed that. Technically today was supposed to be 16 miles but with a week of not the best training, I'm ok with cutting off a couple of miles.

This coming week is also going to be hectic-after school meeting two days and kids soccer two days. Again, I will do my best.

As always, thank you for the support-it keeps me going.


No comments:

Post a Comment