Wednesday, July 6, 2011

back to bidness...

OK - so last week I was consistent with my base building...this is an important step before training officially starts on July 18th. I did about 4 miles 3 times during the week then did an 8 mile long "movement". We've already established that I'm not necessarily RUNNING...it's more of a jog, shuffle, walk, power walk, stop to cry, maybe dry heave, etc. But whatever you want to call it, I get it done.
As usual, I had my share of crazy people talk to me, pass me, whistle, etc. A friend's husband actually asked me if I wore skimpy clothes while running to invite the crazies. He was looking RIGHT at me when he said this with a serious face...I don't think he was joking. Ummm...you are looking at me! Does it look like I should be wearing skimpy clothes and moving??
In terms of pain, there wasn't much of it. I was very hot, tired and sweaty but that's about it. So far so good I guess.
This time around with training I'm also working on my nutrition and strength. The bourbon is on the shelf until I cross the finish line. I will have a beer here & there and there is no way in hell I'm cutting out my coffee...but I will, as usual, drink a shitload of water. I'm also fine-tuning my protein drink. Here's how I make it as of now (and it's quite delightful!):
3 ice cubes
1 scoop chocolate Spiru-tein
3 count pour of coconut water
6 oz. coconut MILK
1 small handful frozen mixed berries
1 tsp of flaxseed oil

I'm doing Vinyasa yoga about 2 times per week to stretch me out and help strengthen a bit...I'll keep the room kind of hot too in order to sweat out even more impurities and really heat up the muscles.

In terms of strength - I'm going old school. Hand weights, crunches, planks, squats, 4 direction leg lifts with ankle weights, push ups, etc.

Hopefully, putting all of this will help me, once again, cross that so very far away finish line.

For a few product reviews: My Adidas sneakers are super light and comfy...the Bondi Band I bought to absorb sweat is ok - but for a fraction of the cost you can buy a 5 pack of Goody fabric headbands that also absorb sweat & keep the hair out of the eyes...the 3 different styles of Thorlo socks work well and are super comfy too.

Could use YOUR help coming up with ideas for my playlist. I'm getting a little tired of listening to the same songs. I pretty much like all genres as long as there's a good beat.

No comments:

Post a Comment