Sunday, July 10, 2011

8.2 miles done...

After enjoying last weekend's holiday weekend, I was determined to kick consistent training into gear. I completed 4 days of 4 miles each...one day of yoga and two days I added in about 20 minutes of pilates after my run. I was feeling pretty good. Until the "long run".
This week's long movement was to be 8 miles. My intention was to get this done Saturday but I got out the door just a little too late for a Triple H kind of summer day so I opted to just do 4 miles on Saturday and then the 8 miles on Sunday.
So today I set out around 7:30am. Definitely not as humid as yesterday. I didn't do too well. I got it done but it was rough. The first four miles just sucked. I just didn't have any kind of stamina. I wound up running a song and then walking a song. I also played around with my watch since it's been really off lately. At 4.1 miles I made a quick pit stop at home and took some GU. This seemed to help me get to mile 7. After that - it ALL went bad. If I could've taken a nap in the middle of the road I would have. It sucked. And the thing is, the last 4 miles I decided to do a reverse loop (something I've never done before)...what I didn't take into account was the damn hill I would hit at mile 7.5. I literally stopped in my tracks, groaned loudly and walked up it. By the time I got down the other side I was crying. I apologize to the residents here who saw me crawling and crying. Since I've never moved that direction before, you've never had the opportunity to witness this spectacle.
Needless to say, my confidence right now is at an all time low. I feel like a total shit. Once again I feel I'm in way over my head. And although I know I'm supposed to focus on the current movement (because that was most certainly not running) - I'm having a hard time believing I'm going to be able to "man up" and get the 26.2 damn miles done in 118 days.
On a positive note, my fundraising has hit 91%. Almost there!

No comments:

Post a Comment