Monday, June 27, 2011

It has begun!

OK - my sporadic activity is officially over with. For a few reasons. 1. I'm off for the summer so I have more time 2. My ass is threatening to grow and 3. The NYC Marathon is closer then I'm ready for.

The schedule is up on the fridge. It's daunting. I'm scared. But it will get done so here I go.

4 miles done today. I did more of a power walk. I followed that up with an awesome beverage of protein powder, lowfat milk, ice, coconut water and flaxseed  oil. Delicious!
I'm going to incorporate some old school kickboxing training with squats, crunches and pushups 3 days a week...and then yoga whenever I can fit it on. I have the time during the summer so it's the perfect time to kick things into high gear.

And my new watch pretty much sucks. I have to figure out how to get my battery changed CORRECTLY on my Garmin. I'm not going to focus so much on time but I definitely need it for distance.

As I did last year, I will blog at the end of each week after the long run. Run bitches, run.

No comments:

Post a Comment