Saturday, August 14, 2010

Week 5

This will be brief - I'm tired.
The week back from vacation SUCKED - in terms of training. I got it done though. First run back on Tuesday was brutal - somehow I managed 4.25 but it wasn't fun and it wasn't pretty. But as the week went on I managed to step it up and not feel like crying.
Yoga on Friday was amazing - my legs needed a stretch out for sure.
Today was my long run. I like to do it 1st thing Saturday to get it out of the way. I spent Friday night worrying about it...and then coming downstairs to do some bizarre archaic mathematical equations to predict my marathon timing. No joke - when I showed Chris in the morning he was laughing at me. Somehow I managed to predict 5.5 hours. Don't ask how I got this - I couldn't even begin to explain.
I was having some tummy issues and although beautiful out - I decided to treadmill it. I was so anxious I wanted to have the visual countdown. The treadmills at the gym have a preset time limit so if you want to go longer you have to keep restarting.
I somehow completed 11 miles. It was not fun. It was far from a pretty sight. Up to mile 9 was not problem - and then my legs became lead. I could barely move them. It was worse when I took a walk break but I just couldn't keep running - I was so beat. I could have easily hit stop and really - who would know? But no way am I doing that. I finished. I stretched. I got in my car - called Chris told him to make me a PB&J, got home, ate, iced my throbbing leg, took a hot shower and cried.
I am in over my head is what I was crying. Chris stood there and was like, "You are out of your mind. Some days you think 3 is too much...today you pounded out 11. You will be in the moment, you'll have adrenaline pumping, who cares how long you take?? You're doing an amazing job. Stop being SO negative."
Damn him - he's right.
I need to sleep and rest my tired body.

2 comments:

  1. Kim...11 miles on a TREADMILL? MAN! That is some kinda dedication! I've never even tried to crank out that kinda mileage in one place, though it sounds like a good call considering your potential stomach issues.

    Great job, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Do you know how much I HATE the treadmill??? UGH!!

    Let's get real serious for a moment (don't worry - I'm not serious)....with this Crowdrise thing - do you have insight into whether Edward Norton will be doing something at the marathon expo on behalf of Crowdrise??
    Yes - I am completely obsessed with him...and yes, my husband knows :)

    ReplyDelete