Monday, October 1, 2012

Shy of 20!

Saturday morning was supposed to be a 20 miler...we came in a tiny bit under 20. As per our usual long run we start off in Loch Arbor, hit the Asbury Park boardwalk and just GO. And GO. And GO.
This time we took a couple of detours onto side streets in Bradley Beach and Belmar just to check a few things out. We also went a different way once we hit the end of the boardwalk - we ventured into the neighborhoods of Spring Lake and Sea Girt before turning around.
Within the first 2 miles I knew my heel was going to be a problem. My legs also felt weak and tight. It's a reminder that on weekdays I HAVE to squeeze in my workouts regardless of how tired I am.
The highlights of the run were that I caught a puppy RIGHT before he ran into Ocean Ave - got off leash on the beach and just took off. The other awesome thing was a "woman" (I put this in quote because I'm not really sure WTF I was looking at!) - full neck to ankle PLEATHER jumpsuit with knee high stiletto boots and this reddish hair that HAD to be a wig...just walking down the boardwalk.
Mom - "Is that a hooker?"
Me - "IDK but if it is she clearly doesn't do enough business...that's PLEATHER"

I'm starting to getting a little nervous. Not many long runs left. The next one is a nice "short" 12 miler....the one after that is 20 and we WILL hit 20.
I'm worried it's going to be crappy weather Marathon Sunday. I'm worried about staying close to time goal. I'm worried my heel is just going to give out.

No comments:

Post a Comment