Sunday, April 10, 2011

Scotland 10K

Wow - I've been a slacker ass. I honestly have nothing/nobody to blame but ME. I've lost all focus and motivation. But that can't last forever - it never does. This is kinda my routine - I can't stick to being a slacker for long - just as I can't seem to stick to training for long.
BUT - when I sign up for a race - I DO IT. So off I headed to Central Park with my little "kilt" my mom made for me...and the Scottish cap Chris gave me to wear. I looked like a hot Scottish mess! :)
I was nervous but I wasn't really sure why. Maybe because I'm aware that I haven't been putting enough (aka: any) time into training...maybe because my knee has been acting a little funky cold medina all week. I actually bought a knee brace/sleeve thingy to give a little extra support.
My mom & I stayed together and did a little Galloway strategy...just untimed. I'm not sure what NYRR is up to but it seems they find humor in having UPHILL races. Fuckers. The downhills were what saved me.
There were SO many people that by the time I got to the actual Start line - the clock had already said 17 minutes...so I was going to have to do some math in order to figure out my times at each marker (All this because my watch died and I still have not called Garmin to figure out how to handle this!).
I ran a little faster in the park area that STINKS like horse-shit...and then when I did my last mathematical calculation and realized there was a very slight chance I could make a personal record. YEAH! I did it by like 20 seconds! Whatever - I'll take it.
I know full well that I have to step up my game here. I ordered the book, The Long Run, to motivate me a bit...and I bought a marathon training nutrition book.
That's all for now...but I do want to share my horoscope for the day with you:
"All the self-discipline you've been struggling with will reap big rewards today -- there's an impressive finish line looming, and by the end of the day you'll most likely be on the other side of it! Get ready for folks to come out of the woodwork with congratulations. They had more faith in you that you had in yourself, so be sure to thank them for all the support."

No comments:

Post a Comment