Tuesday, May 11, 2010

It's been a while...

Sorry y'all. I haven't really had much to say. I'm just plugging away but not really feeling like I'm making much progress. I'll just keep at it.
So I've been sticking to my weight training - I've got a decent routine so it's going well. And of course I'm sticking with my running. I've lightened up a little bit on the distance - didn't want to push it too much while I was waiting to get to the physical therapist. Since I was ahead with my training anyway - I decided to play it safe and go back about 2 weeks. So really - I just cut my long run back about 2 miles. Maybe it wasn't the right move but for me it feels like the right move so I'm happy with my decision. I'm also sticking with the 4 min run, 2 min walk - pretty easy and I feel like I could go on forever.
I went to the physical therapist last night for the first time. I basically got electro-shock therapy to my ass. Kind of weird...little electric things were put on my butt cheek and my hamstring - then he cranked them up AND put a heating pad on me. Sat like that for a bit - and then he stretched me out. I'm really flexible and the pain can really only be reproduced while walking or running (or standing for a long time) so I'm not feeling too good that my insurance is going to cover additional visits. Cheapos. But I was given some specific stretches and I've got the foam rollers to use at the gym so we'll see what happens. I do have another appointment tomorrow night so...
Oh - and the one thing I learned was that there is no way I should be using the elliptical now. Fine with me since I don't really care for it anyway but apparently it's not good for my hips.
Also - I got a new iPod for Mother's Day!! Yeah! I loved my old one but in comparison it didn't hold much music. Plus now I also have a radio for those times when my music just isn't cutting it. I really do have quite eclectic taste in music. And now I can also listen to audiobooks - never have before but I'm going to give it a try.
I've got a local 5k coming up Memorial Day. Should be fun - Chris is going to run with me...and Liz too I think. We're going to run past Chris' cousin's so they will cheer us on while watching the kids then we'll all go back there for some beers and BBQ.
After that I've got the 10K Women's run in Central Park. Should be awesome to run with a few Team McGraw teammates!!
As of right now there are 180 days and I'm SCARED. Truly scared.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE to read about stepping back to heal up; USE that brain and keep pluggin' away. You are doing a great job! As for that new iPod, you can also download some free podcasts like the ones from Pure Fit Radio; GREAT stuff and they'll keep you motivated both on and off the roads!

    ReplyDelete