Sunday, June 24, 2012

Giants Stadium 5k

Worked diligently this week to make sure that my upcoming training schedule will work. I made sure to run on the days I have slated to run on. I also made sure I could fit in yoga & strength training. I love summer! What will happen when school starts back up in September is still an unknown.

I feel good. Still trying to come up with a realistic diet but I'm a work in progress. I know I am going in the right direction so I will just keep at it. This training week wrapped up with a Giants Stadium Run with Champions 5k. Last night I made a big announcement (well, I said it out loud so that's big) that I was going to run this race hard. Didn't turn out that way. Interesting crowd at this race. Lots of first time race participants (you can tell by the water stations). Obviously lots of Giants fans too.

I want to give big ups to the runners & walkers today because today was the first race I have ever been in where it was SILENT during the National Anthem. I am not an overly patriotic person but I am silent during this or sing along and it Pisses me off that people continue their conversations. Anyway-it was a nice change.

It was Hot though. You would think 82 degrees would be a treat considering the week we had but it was scorching. No shade. Cooking blacktop. Yuk. As a NYRR race you knew you could at least count on the water stations. Just hot. I just couldn't pick up my pace. It's done though. I finished yet I didn't come close to busting my PR like I had hoped.

I'm excited yet anxious to start crossing off the official marathon training days. 132 days to go. So close yet so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment